Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover Letter

I found the website about cover letters to be very helpful. I now feel that I will be able to draft a good cover letter to go with my resume. I did not know much about cover letters although, from I did know, I agree with the information given. One thing I may not agree with is that companies do not read cover letters. From what I have heard, many companies read cover letters to get a first impression of you.
The tutorial that I found most helpful was "The Best Use of a Cover Letter." This article was very informative of what you should include in your cover letter. I now realize that before writing a cover letter I will need to research the company I am writing it for. This is show the hiring manager what I am able to bring to the company. Also, when writing my cover letter I will include information about the company, my top skills and the benefits of them, and provide contact information. Overall, I learned a lot about drafting a cover letter and feel that I will not be able to write an effective letter.

No comments: