Sunday, September 14, 2008

Interviewing

The article that helped me the most was "It's Your Turn: What to Ask the Interviewer." On past interviews I have found that this is a problem for me. I get so nervous and can never think of which questions I should ask. For future interviews and my mock interview I will make a list of questions prior to the interview. As the article says, it is extremely important to ask the interviewer questions because it shows that you are interested in the job. It also allows you to express your knowledge about the field and industry, which will make you seem more credible. The article also taught me that there are different question you should ask workers in different positions, such as recruiters and managers. Asking questions is an extremely useful tool because I can see if the job I am applying for is truly a job I would enjoy doing.
The other article I read was "How to Answer the Toughest Interview Questions." This article was helpful because it taught me techniques to use when interviewers try and test your ability to answer certain questions. I have never been good at answering questions under pressure, never mind tough questions. Tips that I will use from the article are to be honest and not to seem too confident. The last thing you want to do in an interview is seem cocky. Another piece of advice the article gave is to think about the question before you answer it. This will allow me to think about what I want to express in my answer and to calmly answer the question. Overall, these articles gave me great tips to use when interviewing.

No comments: